Friday, June 25, 2010

Kampvilla RV Park's Big Yellow Dinosaur

Added Competition
Players: Erin & Mallery


On Sunday, June 20th, Erin and I completed eight challenges (six from the book and two that we added), starting with a picture of the Big Yellow Dinosaur at Kampvilla RV Park in Bear Lake. Now we are still trying to figure out why the dinosaur didn't make it into the Weird Michigan book, but I'm sure after the letter I wrote to the editor that it will appear in the next edition.

Of course I am partial to the dinosaur considering I woke up to him in my front yard for more than 10 years, but locals and tourist alike always look for the dinosaur when heading north on US 31, 4 miles north of Bear Lake. Many people stop to take pictures with it every week, and its glowing red eyes spook them when driving by at night.

By far the coolest roadside oddity if you ask me!

1 comment:

  1. did you really write to the editor? i hope so. looks like fun. can't wait to complete some with you! -the favorite

    ReplyDelete